Danish Agribusiness Delegation to Morocco 31 October - 3 November 2021
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council in cooperation with the Danish embassy in Morocco are pleased to invite your company to participate in this business delegation to Morocco.
NOTE: COVID-19: If the situation requires, we will cancel the delegation. Until 1 October 2021 you will not be billed if we are forced to cancel. After this date we cannot guarantee refunds.
THE MOROCCAN MARKET
With a population of more than 36 million, its stable economic growth rates during the 10 past years as well as the ambitious set of strategies adopted by the government, Morocco represents an attractive business for many foreign companies and is considered one of the most affluent counties in the MENA region, both in terms of macroeconomic drivers and political developments.
OPPORTUNITIES IN MOROCCO
From Morocco, it is easy to reach out for European, Mediterranean and African Market due to the strategic geographic location. Morocco is the most attractive African Country to invest according to Ernst & Young Africa Attractiveness Survey 2018 and the 3rd most competitive African Economy according to the latest World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report.
With a rich array of agricultural resources and access to rich fishing areas, Morocco’s agro-industrial and food processing sector has long been an extension of the country’s competitive advantages. In recent years the government has continued expansion of the sector, implementing its Generation Green Plan (2020-2030), a strategy launched as a mean to boost the added value of the country’s agricultural products by intensifying processing activities.
PURPOSE OF THE DELEGATION
The delegation visit to Morocco aims at enabling the delegates to meet local key partners and potential customers, display their products and services and gain knowledge about the Moroccan market. Participating in this fair open doors not only to the Moroccan, but also the African market.
- Get to know the Moroccan market for agriculture and agro-industry technology.
- Meet the right stakeholders and create or expand your corporate network.
- Interact with Moroccan importers aiming to create sales successes.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
The delegation is open to participation from companies working with:
- Food technology, food-solutions, quality control.
- Food processing technology.
- Agro-services, machinery, equipements.
- Plant production materials.
Companies that are either looking into business opportunities or are already present or want to expand in Morocco will benefit from participating in the delegation.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
By joining the delegation, you will get the opportunity to:
- Meet the right people including decision makers, relevant association and importers, Factories and manufacturers of the agro-industry.
- Meet local key political partners at high level.
- Get knowledge of opportunities and challenges in the Moroccan Market.
- Expand your international network.
NETWORK AND BEST PRACTICES
- By being part of the Danish delegation, you may find inspiration to develop your business strategy by sharing experiences with the other participating companies.
- Furthermore, you can learn about the best practices in the region gained by experienced Danish companies already in the region.
Sunday 31st October (Casablanca):
- Pick-up from airport in Casablanca.
- Hotel check-in.
- Welcome dinner with the delegates.
Monday 1st November (Casablanca)
B2B meetings and roundtables with agriculture professionals, professional business associations and country experts.
- Meeting with CGEM: the General Confederation of Companies in Morocco.
- Free evening
Tuesday 2 November (Casablanca-Settat Region)
- Tailor-made site visits to meet local key business partners and potential customers at a high level (relevant companies/sites to be determined based on participants in the delegation).
Wednesday 3 November (Rabat)
- Meeting with Moroccan authorities (Ministry of Agriculture and fisheries).
- Delegation reception at the Residence of Denmark in Morocco.
Departure on Thursday 4 November.
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Morocco is 5900 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for 2 representatives and 5 guests at the reception. Extra representative 1.500 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 5 participating companies and an expected 75% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
Deadline for registration is 23 September 2021 - please register here
Registration is made in accordance with DAFC’s terms of participation.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council, Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +45 3339 4244
Danish Embassy Morocco, Houda Kaddioui, Head of Trade Council, e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +212 661562 831
Danish Embassy Morocco, Chaimae El Fathi, Commerce and Communication Officer, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +212 661 877 958
Please also see our other activities in the Danish Agriculture & Food Council.