Danish Livestock and Aquaculture Business Delegation to Indonesia, 27-30 June 2022
The Embassy of Denmark in Jakarta and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) invite you to participate in an export promotion to Indonesia focusing on the livestock (Cattle, Poultry and Pork) and aquaculture value chains.
Indonesia – Your Key Access to ASEAN’s Largest Market
The delegation is set up to maximize Danish companies’ presence in Indonesia within the livestock and aquaculture industry.
- Indonesia is the largest economy in Southeast Asia, being the only member of G20 with the 4th largest population in the world (270 million people).
- To supply the local demand for meat consumption, the country has more than 1,400 livestock slaughtering facilities, mostly concentrated on the island of Java. Broiler/poultry meat and beef counts around 80% of total meat production.
- Despite this, 3.5 million kg of poultry and 515,000 kg of beef produced each year, shortage of supply remain a key challenge due to disease outbreak or inefficient farm/processing infrastructure, particularly for beef where Indonesia relies on import.
- Indonesia ranks as the 2nd largest fish producer after China (both for aquatic capture and aquaculture), and a leading exporter with around 440 facilities located in the country. As an export oriented market, many of the aquaculture and seafood processing companies would like to invest in technology and equipment that are more advanced to increase their export value.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish companies engaged in livestock and aquaculture production (the whole value chain):
- Breeding and genetics
- Farm equipment and infrastructures
- Feed and stables
- Food processing technology & bio security
- Cooling, storage and warehouse
- Meet key local business partners and potential customers at a high level
- Meeting with relevant Government representatives
- Exposure to a long list of Indonesian producers and potential buyers
- You gain access to influential producer associations in Indonesia, and thus many potential customers and you gain access to the major players in the livestock and aquaculture sector through B2B meetings with the right key decision makers including site visits.
- Gain market knowledge and expand your network
PROGRAMME: 27 – 30 JUNE 2022
Day 1: Monday, 27 June
- Arrival in Jakarta
- Introduction to the livestock and aquaculture industries in Indonesia
- Welcome dinner at the Danish Ambassador’s residence with country briefing and program rundown
Day 2: Tuesday, 28 June
- Presentation of national strategic projects on livestock (poultry and beef) by the Ministry of Agriculture
- Presentation of national strategic projects on aquaculture by the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Cross-cutting session for both livestock and aquaculture sectors on rules, SOP and legislation on the import of breeding livestock, genetics, and fisheries products
- Breakaway session:
- Livestock: B2B sessions with members of the National Meat Processor Association Indonesia (NAMPA) as well as other agri-food companies
- Aquaculture: B2B sessions with members of the Indonesian Fishery Products Processing and Marketing Entrepreneurs Association as well as other aquaculture companies.
- Networking dinner as follow up on breakaway sessions for interested parties.
Day 3: Wednesday, 29 June
- Site visit to PT. Japfa Comfeed Indonesia
- Up to three individual thematic sessions at Japfa Comfeed for the following sectors to be offered depending on the level of interest:
- PT Japfa Comfeed Indonesia is one of the largest and leading agri-food companies in the country. It produces animal feed, seeds, broiler farms, fish, shrimp, and beef cattle, as well as integrated processed food products
- Website: www.japfacomfeed.co.id
- Networking dinner
Day 4: Thursday, 30 June
- Site visit to Widodo Makmur Group (for Danish companies in the cattle/beef and poultry sectors)
PT Widodo Makmur Perkasa, Tbk is a holding company that oversees five business lines, namely Integrated Cattle Farm, Meat Based Food Processing, Integrated Chicken Farm, Agricultural Commodities, Construction & Renewable Energy
- Site visit to PT. Indotirta Suaka (for Danish companies in the pig sector)
PT. Indotirta Suaka is a pig breeding company located in Pulau Bulan, Batam, Riau Islands Province. With to its strategic location, in the opposite side of Singapore Strait, the main business activities of the company is exporting live pigs to Singapore. The Custom authority recorded that Indotirta Suaka export on average 1,000 pigs to Singapore. As one of the largest pig farms in Southeast Asia, the farm is equipped with the following facilities & infrastructure: boar cage (both open & close), artificial insemination Lab, gestation and farrowing.
- Site visit to PT Suri Tani Pemuka (for Danish companies in the aquaculture sector)
PT Suri Tani Pemuka is an integrated aquaculture company, involved in aqua feed production, and breeding and cultivation of shrimp, eel, catfish and tilapia and manufacturing of processed seafood products for consumers. It operates five feed mills strategically located across Indonesia. It is part of Japfa Comfeed, one of the largest integrated agribusinesses in Indonesia
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Indonesia is 7,400 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for two representatives. The price for an extra representative is 1,500 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 5 participating companies, two of which are SMEs, and an expected 75% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
NOTE: On the registration form you can if relevant add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria’s change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
NOTE: Any expenses related to quarantine at a hotel designated by the local authorities, compulsory Covid test, transport from the airport to the hotel in Indonesia with medical escort upon arrival in Indonesia will be covered by participating companies.
Please register here, no later than Friday 22 April 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, email@example.com, 2331 7450.
PHYSICAL DELEGATION VISIT DURING COVID-19
Due to the volatile situation caused by Covid-19 pandemic, Indonesian authorities may change their requirements for entry into Indonesia and quarantine duration at hotels. The Embassy of Denmark to Indonesia will constantly update the participants with prevailing Indonesian regulations on these matters.
If the situation requires, we will cancel the delegation. Until 27 May 2022, you will not be billed if we are forced to cancel. After this date we cannot guarantee refunds.
CONTACT FURTHER INFORMATION
Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor
Phone: +45 2331 7450
Embassy of Denmark to Indonesia
Jacob Kahl Jepsen, Head of Trade
Direct +62 (21) 5761478 / mobile +62 817 88 35 88
See more about our events here.