Livestock export delegation to UK, 5-7 December 2022
The Danish Embassy in London and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council are pleased to invite your company to participate in our livestock business delegation to UK with 2 focused days of farm visits and b2b meetings.
Join our webinar on 29 September 2022 before signing-up – see more below.
UK is historically a big and close market for Danish trade in general and food exports in particular. The UK wants to transform its agricultural production and achieve a more productive as well as a more sustainable food supply chain. The UK is an open country and easily accessible, both in terms of geography and culture. The ambitious green targets and a substantial potential for productivity growth the UK agri-business sector is full of opportunities. This delegation visit will enable Danish companies to meet local key partners and potential customers, display their products and services, and gain first-hand knowledge about the UK agribusiness industry and market.
Key aspects of UK agribusiness:
- The agricultural sector in the UK is comparatively small and the UK is dependent on imports of food as self-sufficiency is only at around 60%. Higher, but sustainable productivity, is the key challenge
- UK citizens in general are proud of the UK farmers and want to buy more British produce. Better competitiveness and investment in modern farming technology is necessary
- The UK government has replaced the EU Common Agricultural Policy with a national legislation where subsidies and grants largely will be dependent on farmers’ delivery of a green transition and diversification of the sector
- The demand for high quality and efficient production across the supply-chain makes Danish Agro business an obvious potential partner and regardless of Brexit and current events offer great opportunities for Danish companies.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
The delegation is open to participation from companies working within the livestock sector. We have a focus on the whole value-chain within pig production and dairy farming. As a participant you can influence the program on whom to meet to secure attention to your interests.
- Genetics for pigs and cattle
- Feed and additives
- Stable equipment
- Feeding systems
- Cleaning equipment
- Grain handling and storage
- Analysis equipment for quality control
- Slurry handling.
- Connect with new business partners or re-connect with existing ones
- Get market insight into the challenges, plans and priorities of a British farmer
- Get to pitch your solutions to the decision makers at the farms
- Meet dealers/ distributors of farm machinery and solutions
- Meet a local farmer consultancy for a market briefing
- Expand your network
- Learn about best practices
The below program is preliminary and will be finalized one month before the delegation.
Monday 5 December 2022
- Arrival afternoon or evening in London
- Hotel check-in
- Optional joint dinner, self-payment
Tuesday 6 December 2022
- Early morning: departure for farms.
- Farm visits in Yorkshire/ Nottinghamshire or Wales, depending on wishes from the group
- Meeting with dealers/ distributors of farm machinery and solutions
- Farm visits continued
- Check-in to hotel early evening/ late afternoon
- Joint dinner with relevant partners.
Wednesday 7 December 2022
- Check-out of hotel
- Farm visits continued
- Meeting with local farmer consultancy for a market briefing
- Transport back to London late afternoon
- Departure from London evening
Webinar on 29 September 2022 at 11:00-12:00 hrs.
Join our webinar before signing up, where you can learn more about the market opportunities, the benefits of participation and the programme. As a very important part of this meeting, you can suggest programme elements to suit your interests best.
Please sign up for the webinar here 27 September 2022 at the latest.
WHAT IS THE PRICE?
Participation in the delegation programme is DKK 6,250 (excluding VAT) for one Danish company representative. This includes a 75% subsidy by The Trade Council, as this event is subject to the support schemes of the council. An extra company representative will cost DKK 900 (excluding VAT).
Note: The price is based on 7 participating companies (of which 3 are SME’s), an expected 75% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark and fulfilment of the associated de minimis rules. Upon registration, you can if relevant, add the contact information of the local participating person/company.
Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address. We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own cost, including visa, connecting flights, taxi/bus, dine & drink, hotel, insurance and VAT. Upon registration, you will receive more details regarding hotel suggestions.
Re. Covid-19: The Embassy of Denmark will constantly update the participants with prevailing UK regulations on these matters.
HOW AND WHEN TO REGISTER?
The deadline for registration is Thursday, 6 October 2022, using this link and filling in all fields required.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Michael Stahlschmidt, Chief Advisor
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +45 2124 1711
Embassy of Denmark in London
Esben Egede Rasmussen, Counsellor, Counsellor for Food, agriculture and Fisheries
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +44 (0) 7786 1210 51