Market Visit to Ghana for Agro Tech Companies, 16-20 May 2022
The Embassy of Denmark in Accra and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) are excited to invite you to participate in a business delegation to Ghana focusing on solutions to combat food loss.
NOTE: Covid-19: If the situation requires, we might be forced to cancel the delegation. Until 15 April 2022, you will receive a full refund if we are forced to cancel the business trip. After this date, we cannot guarantee refunds.
GHANA – YOUR GATEWAY TO WEST AFRICAN MARKETS
The business delegation aims to introduce you to some of the many business opportunities in Ghana for Danish providers of technologies and solutions to reduce food loss. Postharvest food loss is a major challenge in Ghana, and it is estimated that more than 50% of produce in selected value chains goes to waste due to lack of storage, poor transportation, lack of cooling etc. Danish solutions are in high demand to help solve this problem.
- Ghana is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and enjoys political stability and safety.
- Ghana has embarked on an ambitious strategy for industrialisation of the agriculture sector, while increasing food production. The increase in production has highlighted the need to deal with food loss and waste and Danish solutions are in high demand.
- Ghana is a gateway to the West African markets. It is a central economic hub with the most advanced and efficient port in West Africa and now also home to the secretariat of the African Continental Free Trade Area.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Companies engaged in food loss solutions and with “know-how” across the value and supply chains, including:
- Cooling, storage, quality control & ingredients
- Food processing technologies and biosecurity
- Packaging and food safety
- Farm technologies, agro-services, machinery, irrigation equipment and post-harvest handling
- Circular & sustainable technologies
- Meet local business partners and potential customers
- Meet key regulators, government stakeholders and financing institutions
- Gain market knowledge and expand your network
PROGRAMME 16-20 May 2022 – 2 days outside of Accra
Day 0: Sunday 15 May 2022
- Arrival in Accra
- Check-in at La Villa Boutique Hotel
Day 1: Monday 16 May – Field visits
- Welcome & programme review during breakfast
Introduction of delegates and representatives from Danish Agriculture & Food Council and the Danish Trade Council in Accra
- Green Houses – Dawehyan
Green Houses who benefited from the former Danida-supported Skills Development Fund. They supply supermarkets and malls. You will gain insights into the state of post-harvest management infrastructure from production areas to consumption markets.
- Tour and presentation of Ghana Commodities Exchange
Ghana Commodities Exchange is a trading platform with an electronic warehouse receipt system (e-WRS). It is a public-private partnership with technical & financial support from development partners. The marketplace adds commodities every year and plans to add fruits and vegetables in the coming years.
Day 2: Tuesday 17 May – Meet key regulators and financial institutions at Ghana Investment Promotion Centre
- Meeting with relevant authorities in food and agriculture, e.g. Ministry of Trade and Industry, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Food and Drugs Authority etc.
- Workshop on building a commercial alliance in Ghana
- Open forum for Q&A
- Dinner with the Ambassador, potential clients and key regulators and stakeholders at the residence
Day 3: Wednesday 18 May – Business forum & B2B
- Business forum
- Welcome by the Ambassador
- Presentation by Danish companies of their solutions and expertise relevant for Ghana
- Meet with Ghanaian businesses, public stakeholders, financing institutions and NGO partners within the food and agriculture sector.
- Presentation of feasibility study for cold chain business opportunities in Ghana
- Case study – commercial collaboration between Danish and Ghanaian businesses – EKF & IFU beneficiaries
- Networking reception
- B2B with pre-screened and selected potential customers organised by The Trade Council
Day 4: Thursday 19 May – Field visit to Tema
- Visit to Danish companies doing business in Ghana in the food and agriculture sector
- Visit to the state-of-the-art port facilities in Tema
- Opportunity to return on flight in the evening or stay for an additional day
Day 5: Friday 20 May – Optional
- B2B meetings (The Trade Council can assist with matchmaking and meeting facilitation upon separate agreement)
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Ghana is 9,200 DKK per company for one representative. Extra representative 1,500 DKK per person.
NOTE: On the registration form, you can, if relevant, add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own cost, including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on five participating companies and an expected 75% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Own travel (flight, taxi, train, etc.), VAT, hotel, and insurance are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive more details regarding the hotel.
Please register here, no later than Monday 4 April 2022.
Registration is made in accordance with DAFC’s terms of participation.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council,
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +45 2331 7450
Danish Embassy Accra,
Garcia A. C. Honvoh, Senior Commercial Advisor, Sector Specialist, Agriculture,
e-mail: email@example.com, tel; +233 556 637 254
Naja Møller Jørgensen, Head of Trade, Ghana, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
tel; +233 552 659 111
See more about our other events here.