Danish Delegation on Sustainable Food & Agriculture to Dhaka, Bangladesh, 5-8 June 2023
New Strategic Sector Cooperation within Agriculture and food to be initiated in Q1 2023 in Bangladesh
The Embassy of Denmark in Dhaka and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) invite you to participate in an export delegation to Bangladesh focusing on sustainable food and agriculture. In 2023, Denmark will initiate a new Strategic Sector Cooperation in Bangladesh with a new counsellor for agriculture and food to be placed out of the Embassy of Denmark in Dhaka. The delegation is organized to maximize and explore your business opportunities in the growing Bangladesh market. The Government of Bangladesh and the Prime Minister put great emphasis on developing a safe, commercially viable and climate friendly food and agricultural sector as an engine of economic and employment growth. Combined with a large population of approximately 175 million people and a 10.5% annual growth in the country’s middle & affluent class, Bangladesh is well positioned to modernize its agriculture and food production to be safe, competitive, and green while combating food loss. Coupled with sector-specific incentives, these political ambitions for the agriculture and food sector provide great opportunities for Danish companies in the Bangladesh market.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish companies engaged in the dairy, poultry, and aquaculture value chains incl.:
- Breeding and genetics.
- Feed, enzymes, and ingredients.
- Farm equipment and machinery for agricultural production.
- Cold storage and quality control solutions.
- Food processing solutions including testing equipment.
- Finalized food and beverage products.
- Explore potential business opportunities in tailored B2B sessions with your targeted customers and potential future partners in Bangladesh.
- Get insights about market trends and demand for resource-efficient solutions within agriculture and food production in the booming Bangladeshi market and how to tap into the green transition in Bangladesh.
- Gain better understanding of prevailing regulations and standards applicable for sustainable food products in Bangladesh at the meetings with relevant authorities.
- Obtain insights on regulations and frameworks for the greening of value chains in Bangladesh to boost your export of sustainable solutions and resource- and climate-efficient equipment to Bangladesh.
- Increase your company’s creditability towards Bangladeshi customers and partners by being a part of the delegation led by the Embassy of Denmark in Bangladesh.
- A networking reception with participation of Bangladeshi customers and stakeholders.
PROGRAMME 5-8 June 2023
Monday, 5 June 2023 in Dhaka (Day 1)
- Arrival in Dhaka and briefing by the DAFC.
Tuesday, 6 June 2023 in Dhaka (Day 2)
- Programme introduction by the Embassy of Denmark in Bangladesh.
- Tailored B2B sessions between the delegation and Bangladeshi companies.
- Welcome speech by the Head of Trade, Embassy of Denmark.
- Presentations by the delegates from the Danish companies.
- Presentations by and introductions to the Bangladeshi companies.
- Separate B2B meetings between the companies.
- Networking reception at the Ambassador’s Residence incl. participation of Bangladeshi customers, stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Welcome remarks by the Danish Ambassador to Bangladesh.
Wednesday, 07 June 2023 in Dhaka (Day 3)
- Interactions with associations discussing subsidy incentives on various Danish solutions.
- Meeting with representatives from the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).
- Meeting with representatives from Bangladesh Food Safety Authority.
- Visit to a local dairy company in Dhaka.
- Visit to a local poultry company in Dhaka.
Thursday, 08 June 2023 in Dhaka (Day 4)
- Visit to a local company in Dhaka.
- Visit to a local company in Dhaka.
- Recap and end of programme by the Royal Danish Embassy and DAFC.
- Departure from Dhaka.
The total price for participation in the export delegation to Bangladesh is 12,900 DKK excl. flight, hotel, and VAT per company for one representative. The price for an extra representative is 3,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, three of which are SMEs, and an expected 50% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
NOTE: On the registration form you can if relevant add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
- Identification and tailored B2B matchmaking with Bangladeshi customers and partners, authorities, and relevant associations.
- Transportation in Bangladesh throughout the entire programme (excluding flights).
- Networking reception with identified customers and stakeholders.
- Assistance in booking hotels to get corporate price.
- General assistance from the Danish Embassy and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council.
Please register here no later than Wednesday 19 April 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathias Sandholt Knauf, firstname.lastname@example.org - +45 2336 9061.
CONTACT FURTHER INFORMATION
|Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Mathias Sandholt Knauf, Advisor
Phone: +45 2336 9061
| Royal Danish Embassy, Dhaka
Sakib Chowdhury, Trade Advisor
Direct Phone: +880 (2) 55668932
Cell Phone: +88 01713014989
Please see our other activities here.