Danish Sustainable Agriculture & Aquaculture Delegation to Algeria & Tunisia, 22-26 May 2023
Algeria & Tunisia – From the Bread Basket of Rome to Food Security
After a successful delegation visit in 2019, the Danish Embassy in Algeria and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council are pleased to invite your company to participate in this 2023 delegation for Sustainable Agriculture & Aquaculture delegation to Algeria & Tunisia.
ALGERIA & TUNISIA – FROM THE BREAD BASKET OF ROME TO FOOD SECURITY
Rich history, resourcefulness, favourable climate and strategic positions have made Algeria and Tunisia strong partners for European Agriculture and Aquaculture companies and institutions. This delegation visit aims at enabling the delegates to meet local key partners and potential customers, display their products and services and gain knowledge about the Algerian and Tunisian agriculture and aquaculture industries.
WHY ALGERIA & TUNISIA?
- Market of 58 million middle-income educated and young population
- Critical need for economic diversification, food security, modernization and know-how transfer
- Government incentives (taxes & tariffs breaks and interest-free loans) to farmers to get land, equipment and services and subsidized food products (bread, milk, cooking oil, sugar and flour)
- Major importers of milk powder (380.000 tons for Algeria only in 2021) and cereals (14.6 million tons combined for 2021-2022 season- Algeria is14th largest importer worldwide)
- Good infrastructures: modern highways, ports, airports, railways and access to power grid and water
- Proximity to the European, Middle Eastern and African markets
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
The delegation is open to companies and institutions working within the following sub-sectors:
- Sustainable solutions: soil enhancement, fertilizers, seeds development, water resources optimization, organic production
- Grains & Cereals: wheat and barley, expertise in yield optimization, storage and processing
- Dairy: milk powder, milk products and ingredients, cows, equipment
- Poultry: Construction, sub-supplying, machinery, animal feed; ventilation systems and bedding
- Potato crop: seeds, machinery, expertise in yield, transformation industry
- Aquaculture: fish feed, technology transfer and equipment (cages, nets, boats)
- Services: financing and insurance, certifications, supply-chain (storage, distribution and exports)
- Institutional collaboration: sector organization, policy-making, investment attractiveness, veterinary services, R&D
- Get to know the Algerian and Tunisian markets for agriculture and aquaculture business
- Meet relevant stakeholders including high-level decision makers, major professional organizations and private investors, associations as well as importers, factories and manufacturers
- Expand or maintain your network through B2B meetings and site visits
- Promote your company in Algeria and Tunisia
- Learn about best practices in the region
Monday 22 May (Algiers)
- Arrival & hotel check-in
- 17.00-21.00: Welcome Forum at Ambassador’s residence: Market presentations followed by reception with Algerian stakeholders
Tuesday 23 May (Algiers)
- 9.00-13.00: Green Matinée on sustainable Danish solutions at Ambassador’s residence:
- Welcome word by Danish Ambassador
- Presentation of the Algerian market & its opportunities by Algerian Ministries of Agriculture & Fisheries, public and private companies & experts
- Presentations of Danish companies, solutions & sustainable agenda
- Q&A session
- Media break
- Networking luncheon
- 13.30-15.00: Site visit (TBD)
- 16.00-19.00: Visit of the Casbah and downtown Algiers
- Free evening
Wednesday 24 May (Algiers)
- 9.00-12.00: Business Forum:
- Opening remarks by Ambassador & Ministry of Commerce
- Danish companies presentations
- B2B Roundtables
- Networking luncheon
- 13.00-16.00: Visit of the SIPSA-FILAHA exhibition - more info here
- 19.00: Evening flight to Tunis
Thursday 25 May (Tunis)
- 10.00-12.00: Seminar at Tunisian Ministry of Agriculture
- 12.00-13.00: Lunch
- 13.00-15.30: B2B roundtables with CEPEX
- 16.00-18.00: Visit of the old Medina
- 19.00: Networking cocktail with Tunisian-Danish Chamber of Commerce
Friday 26 May (Tunis)
- 9.00-12.00: Sites visits
- 12.00-13.30: Wrap-up session around lunch
- Free afternoon and flight back to DK
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Algeria & Tunisia is 14,750 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for 1 representative and 5 local guests of own choice at the reception hosted by the Danish Ambassador to Algeria & Tunisia. Extra company representative is 2,200 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies and an expected 50% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
Upon registration, you can, if relevant, add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own cost, including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
Please register here no later than Friday 14 April 2023.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +45 2331 7450
Embassy of Denmark in Algeria
Tarik Belkhiter, Senior Trade Advisor
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +213 770 800 662
Lars Olaf Søvndahl Petersen, Head of Trade
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +213 770 800 664