Danish Sustainable Food & Agriculture Delegation to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2-4 October 2023
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) and the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai invite you to participate in an export delegation to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) focusing on sustainable food and agriculture. In November 2023, the UAE will host COP 28.
Prior to COP 28, the Danish Agriculture & Food Council and the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai are planning a delegation to the UAE to maximize and explore your business opportunities in the market. The delegation aims to promote the Danish sustainable food and agricultural sector and expand the Danish network prior to COP 28. The UAE is focused on more sustainable production and innovation to increase productivity along the dairy, poultry and aquaculture value chains while reducing the environmental impacts e.g., lowering the use of water and energy. The UAE imports more than 85% of its food and beverage products. The UAE is currently investing and increasing its local food production to power its national food security strategy as the population and number of tourists continue to rise. Being a high-income country with nearly 10 million people, the UAE is demanding higher quality food products and the same goes for standards to equipment for food processing. With the UAE to host COP 28, it is expected that government and industry will fuel investments in the coming years.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish companies engaged in the dairy, poultry, and aquaculture value chains incl.:
- Breeding and genetics.
- Feed, enzymes, and ingredients.
- Farm equipment and machinery for agricultural production.
- Cold storage and quality control solutions.
- Food processing solutions including testing equipment and energy and water efficient production methods.
- Explore potential business opportunities in tailored B2B sessions with your targeted customers and potential future partners in the United Arab Emirates.
- Get insights about market trends and demand for resource-efficient solutions within agriculture and food production in the interesting UAE market and how to tap into the green transition prior to COP 28.
- Gain better understanding of prevailing regulations and standards applicable for sustainable solutions in the United Arab Emirates at the meetings with relevant authorities.
- Increase your company’s creditability towards UAE customers and partners by being a part of the delegation led by the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai.
- A networking reception with participation of UAE customers and stakeholders.
PROGRAMME 1-4 October 2023
Sunday, 1 October 2023 in Dubai/Abu Dhabi (Day 1)
- Arrival in the UAE and briefing by the DAFC.
Monday, 2 October 2023 in Dubai/Abu Dhabi (Day 2)
- Programme introduction by the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai.
- Tailored B2B sessions between the delegation and UAE companies.
- Welcome speech by Ambassador Lars Steen Nielsen, Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai.
- Presentations by the delegates from the Danish companies.
- Presentations by and introductions to the UAE companies.
- Separate B2B meetings between the companies.
- Networking reception incl. participation of UAE customers, stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Welcome remarks by Minister Counsellor for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Esben Filt Jensen.
Tuesday, 3 October 2023 in Dubai/Abu Dhabi (Day 3)
- Interactions with UAE Food & Beverage Manufacturers Group, under the auspices of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- High-level meeting with the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment / the Departments of Agriculture, Animal and Food Safety Development.
- Company visit to IFFCO (Food and Beverage Manufacturer) or Emirates National Food Company (Conglomerate poultry, dairy and food products).
Wednesday, 4 October 2023 in Dubai/Abu Dhabi (Day 4)
- Site visit to Al Ain Farms (dairy, poultry, eggs, beverages).
- Recap and end of programme by the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai and the DAFC.
- Departure from the UAE.
The total price for participation in the export delegation to the United Arab Emirates is 13,700 DKK excl. flight, hotel, and VAT per company for one representative. The price for an extra representative is 3,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, three of which are SMEs, and an expected 50% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
NOTE: On the registration form you can if relevant add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
- Identification and tailored B2B matchmaking with UAE customers and partners, authorities, and relevant associations.
- Transportation in the United Arab Emirates throughout the entire programme (excluding flights).
- Networking reception with identified customers and stakeholders.
- Assistance in booking hotels to get corporate price.
- General assistance from the Royal Danish Consulate General and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council.
Please register here no later than Friday 23 June 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathias Sandholt Knauf, email@example.com -
+45 2336 9061.
CONTACT FURTHER INFORMATION
|Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Mathias Sandholt Knauf, Advisor
Phone: +45 2336 9061
|Royal Danish Consulate General, Dubai
Esben Filt Jensen
Minister Counsellor for Food and Agriculture
Direct Phone: +971 45268735
Cell Phone: +971 0504643796
|Royal Danish Consulate General, Dubai
Imane Bounaga, Commercial Advisor
Direct phone: +971 45268729
Cell phone: +971 504674012
Please see our other activities.