Join the business delegation on plant-based products to California, 23-27 October 2023
This business delegation targets companies in the plant-based food sector
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
This business delegation targets companies in the plant-based food sector. Both producers of retail products and food processing equipment suppliers are encouraged to join.
The specific focus area will be tailored to the delegation that signs up.
Denmark has a lot to offer in terms of plant-based foods, and with the new political initiative to support development of more plant-based businesses, now is a great time to invest in the future of your business.
The US and especially in and around the large metropoles, the business and ecosystem for plant based food products is expanding.
This business delegation aims to inspire and connect Danish stakeholders with trendsetters, the commercial ecosystem and retail representatives of most innovative food system in the world.
INITIAL DRAFT PROGRAM (will be set according to interests of participating companies)
Monday 23 October 2023 in Las Vegas [only afternoon]
Day 1: Arrival, welcome and inflight to the delegation tour and the future of food systems
- Briefing by the Trade Council of Denmark to North America
- Presentation of the US plant based and animal alternative sector by the Sector Advisor
- Future of retail by Digital Sales Advisor
- Introduction to the program
- Market entry success story, meeting a Danish plant-based brand with presence in the US
- Dinner reception with organisation representatives
Tuesday 24 October 2023 at Supply Side West in Las Vegas
Day 2: Expo and company presentations
- Free time at the expo
- Company presentations
- 2-3 curated company presentation facilitated by the TCNA
- Communal dinner in the evening
Wednesday 25 October 2023 at Supply Side and in Palo Alto
Day 3: Half day at expo, Consular reception in the evening
- Free time at the expo + 1 company presentation
- Pitching, tasting and reception and tasting session with the Consulate General in Silicon Valley with local stakeholders in the field.
Thursday 26 October 2023 in San Francisco
Day 4: Delegation visits to thought leaders and industry influencers in the area e.g.:
- Incubators/alliances: E.g. MISTA, KitchenTown, AgStart, IndieBio
- NGOs: Good Food Institute, Synonym, SF Global
- Academic inspiration: UC Berkeley Sutardja Center, Bakar BioEnginuity Hub
Friday 27 October 2023 in San Francisco
Day 5: Industry visits e.g.:
- Established / large scale: Impossible Foods, Hormel Foods
- Upscaling / medium size: Perfect Day, Black Sheep Farms, Eat Just, NewWave Foods
- Market approaching / SMEs: UPSIDE Foods, Prime Roots, Turtle Tree, Lypid
Note: the visits and meetings will be arranged in coordination with the delegation in order to ensure sufficient relevance.
The total price for participation in the business delegation to California is 10,430 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for two representatives. The price for an extra representative is 1,500 DKK per person.
NOTE: The Danish company is free to have its local representatives represent your company in full during the event. On the registration form you can, if relevant, therefore add the contact information of the local participating person/company. However, only Danish companies in Denmark with a Danish CVR number can register for participation, and the invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria’s change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
NOTE: Price for participation in Supply Side West is not included, but the Trade Council will handle registration and acquire group discount.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, who are all eligible for subsidy, and 50 % subsidy (already granted) from the Trade Council of Denmark.
If your company is not eligible for subsidy due to de-minimis issues (having received more than 1,5 mio. DKK in de-minimis subsidy within the past 3 years, including the present) you are binding yourself to pay the full price, meaning without the subsidy. The same conditions apply if you do not wish to receive subsidy.
Please register here, no later than Friday 30 June 2023.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council, Michael Stahlschmidt, Chief Advisor, Trade & Market Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 2124 1711
The Trade Council of Denmark to the US, Marie Jørgensen, Senior Advisor for Food & Agriculture, email@example.com, +1 (650) 613 9201
See more about our events here.