Join the business delegation on plant-based products to New York City, 21-23 June 2023
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) and the Trade Council of Denmark to the US would like to invite you to participate in a business delegation on plant-based products to New York City
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
This business delegation targets companies in the plant-based food sector. Both producers of retail products and food processing equipment suppliers are encouraged to join.
The specific focus area will be tailored to the delegation that signs up.
Denmark has a lot to offer in terms of plant based foods, and with the new political initiative to support development of more plant based businesses, now is a great time to invest in the future of your business.
The US and especially in and around the large metropoles, the business and ecosystem for plant based food products is expanding.
This business delegation aims to inspire and connect Danish stakeholders with trendsetters, the commercial ecosystem and retail representatives of most innovative food system in the world.
The business delegation will be organised in the days leading up to the annual Future Food Tech Summit – Alternative Protein in New York City. Participation in the summit is encouraged, but not included in the business delegation.
INITIAL DRAFT PROGRAM (will be set according to interests of participating companies)
Wednesday 21 June 2023 in New York City
Day 1: Welcome and intro to New York City and the future of food systems
- Briefing at the Consulate General of Denmark in New York
- Welcome by the Consul General
- Presentation of the US plant based and animal alternative sector by the Sector Counsellor
- Future of retail by Digital Sales advisor
- Introduction to the program
- Market entry success story, meeting a Danish plant-based brand with success in New York
- Deep dive in food trends. Meeting purchasing managers and retail safari at US supermarkets
- Dinner reception with organisation representatives
Thursday 22 June 2023 in New York
Day 2: Company visits, meeting the disrupters
- Three company visits (based on input from participating companies from Denmark) including moon shot industries: Examples of how start-ups went from ideas to the market. Rethinking the food industry and how to engage consumers
Friday 23 June 2023 in New York City
Day 3: Thought leaders and Pitch Day
- Meeting the Good Food Institute, Synonym Bio and New York City office of the Mayor
- “What does the future of urban food systems look like?”
- Pitching, tasting and reception and tasting session at the Consulate General for a panel of decision makers at relevant retail distributers and supermarkets.
Tuesday 27 June 2023 in New York City
(Day 4): Conference Future Food Tech Summit – Alternative Protein
Wednesday 28 June 2023 in New York City
(Day 5): Conference Future Food Tech Summit – Alternative Protein
Note: the visits and meetings will be arranged in coordination with the delegation in order to ensure sufficient relevance.
The total price for participation in the business delegation to New York City is 10,430 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for two representatives. The price for an extra representative is 1,500 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, three of which are SMEs, and an expected 50% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
NOTE: Price for participation in Future Food Tech Summit – Alternative Protein: In Person (plus Virtual): Super Early Bird: $1,695 (expires April 6)
NOTE: On the registration form you can if relevant add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria’s change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
Please register here, no later than Friday 31 March 2023.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Michael Stahlschmidt, Chief Advisor, Trade & Market Relations
email@example.com, +45 2124 1711
The Trade Council of Denmark to the US
Marie Jørgensen, Senior Advisor for Food & Agriculture
firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 (650) 613 9201
Please see our other activities here.