Kenya is open for your business: Business Delegation in April 2023
The Danish Embassy in Nairobi and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council are pleased to invite your company to participate in this 2023 agro-business delegation to Kenya.
Kenya’s economy is the most diversified and advanced in East Africa and has had considerable growth in the past few years with average growth rate of over 5 percent. Kenya's economy has had a strong rebound following COVID 19 and is projected to grow 5.7 percent in 2022. The food-processing sector constitutes up to 25-33% of the Manufacturing sector. Manufacturing is one of the key government priority sectors contributing 15% to the GDP. The Government has in the recent past allocated and advanced financing to local processors engaged in food processing to enable them to scale up production and automate their factories.
Food security is also a top Government agenda and presents opportunities for post-harvest loss solutions as well as cold chain solutions to reduce food waste.
OPPORTUNITIES IN KENYA
There is an increasingly growing demand for quality food products due to population growth and increased purchasing power. As a result, the Kenyan market for quality and safe food production, food processing solutions, cold storage, grain storage and post-harvest loss solutions is growing in Kenya. Food production and food safety is also a key priority for the Kenyan Government.
The Danish food industry is one of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly in the world, characterized by the ability to produce with minimal pollution, high resource efficiency and a smaller carbon footprint. Taking a supply chain view there are opportunities for Danish solutions from farm to table.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
The delegation is open to participation from companies working within the agribusiness industry, e.g.:
- Food and beverage production processing technology
- Cold chain and storage solutions
- Resource efficiency solutions (energy and water)
Companies that are either looking into business opportunities, are already present in the market or want to expand in Kenya, will benefit from participating in the delegation.
Please note: All companies with an interest in the Kenyan market are welcome to join the delegation. Program content will mainly focus on the opportunities for companies within processing equipment and cold chain/storage, solutions, however, may be adapted upon finalization of the participants list to fit with products, services and interest from participants.
- Get to know the Kenyan market for agriculture and agro-industry technology
- Meet the right stakeholders including decision makers, relevant association as well as importers, factories and manufacturers of the agro-industry
- Participate in tailor-made site visits and visits to partners
- Promote your company in Kenya and expand your network
- Learn about best practices in the region.
The below programme is preliminary and will be finalised one month before the delegation.
Monday 24 April 2023
- Introduction – opening at the Embassy i.e. Ambassador, Trade Council, Food & Agriculture Strategic Sector Counsellor
- Presentations by key actors in Kenyan food sector i.e. Government officials, private sector, Kenya Association of Manufacturers, Danish company with local presence
- Dinner at Ambassador’s residence.
Tuesday 25 April 2023
- Workshop and B2B w. relevant associations and importers, producers and manufacturers of food and beverage
- Speed dating with local businesses
- Networking event at the Danish residence with the Danish Business Network.
Wednesday 26 April 2023
- Targeted site visit
- Departure for Denmark in the evening.
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Kenya is 9,950 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for 1 representative and 5 guests at the reception. Extra representative 2,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies and an expected 75% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
Upon registration, you can if relevant, add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own cost, including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
PHYSICAL DELEGATION VISIT DURING COVID-19
Regarding COIVD-19, The Embassy will constantly update the participants with prevailing Kenyan regulations on these matters.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
Please register here no later than 31 December 2022.
THE ORGANIZERSDanish Agriculture & Food Council
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +45 2331 7450
Embassy of Denmark in Kenya
Eric Mwema, Counsellor, Senior Commercial Advisor
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +254 795 43 15 44