Sustainable Agriculture and Food Processing Delegation to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 9-12 October 2023
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) and the Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh invite you to participate in an export delegation to Saudi Arabia focusing on sustainable food and agriculture.
With Saudi Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia strives to diversify its economy. The agriculture and food sector plays a large role in the Kingdom’s diversification strategy. These ambitions represent great commercial opportunities for Danish companies from the food cluster, as these can contribute with sustainable solutions, technology, equipment, and know-how and help Saudi Arabia towards a more sustainable agriculture and food production. The delegation to Riyadh is organized for you to maximize and explore your business opportunities in the interesting Saudi market. Saudi Arabia currently imports the vast majority of its national food demand (75% - 80% of its national food consumption), and in order for it to become increasingly self-reliant, Saudi Arabia has steered towards increasing local food production. To name an example, the country aims at a local production rate of 80% for the poultry industry by 2025 (it currently stands at 68%). The Saudi Arabian agricultural industry calls for sustainable solutions. In 2019, it appeared that 82% of the total national water consumption could be attributed to the country’s agriculture industry, hence technologies, machinery and equipment that contributes to reducing water-consumption remains highly attractive. The delegation aims to promote such Danish sustainable solutions as it is expected that government and industry will fuel investments in the coming years.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish companies engaged in the dairy and poultry value chains incl.:
- Breeding and genetics.
- Feed, enzymes, and ingredients.
- Farm equipment and machinery for agricultural production.
- Quality control solutions.
- Food processing solutions including testing equipment.
- Energy and water-efficient production equipment and solutions.
- Explore business opportunities in a tailored B2B session with potential future customers and partners in Saudi Arabia.
- Get insights into market trends and into the demand for resource-efficient solutions as seen in the light of the sustainability and food security agendas in Saudi Arabia.
- Gain a better understanding of the market opportunities for Danish solutions in agriculture and food production during meetings with large Saudi companies.
- Increase your company’s creditability towards Saudi customers and partners by being part of a joint Danish delegation to Saudi Arabia.
- A networking dinner with participation of Saudi customers and stakeholders.
PROGRAMME 9-12 October 2023
Monday, 9 October 2023 in Riyadh (Day 1)
- Arrival in Riyadh and briefing by the DAFC.
Tuesday, 10 October 2023 in Riyadh (Day 2)
- Programme introduction by the Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh.
- B2B session between the delegation and Saudi companies.
- Welcome by Head of Trade and Regional Coordinator, Jørn Bang Andersen, Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh.
- Presentations by the delegates from the Danish companies.
- Presentations by and introductions to the Saudi companies.
- Networking between the companies.
- Networking dinner at the Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh incl. participation of Saudi customers, stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Welcome remarks by Head of Trade and Regional Coordinator, Jørn Bang Andersen, Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh.
Wednesday, 11 October 2023 in Riyadh (Day 3)
- Interactions with relevant stakeholders from Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture talking subjects such as subsidy incentives and investment opportunities on various Danish solutions and equipment demanded in Saudi Arabia.
- Potential visit to the Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC).
- Company visit based on group of participants.
Thursday, 12 October 2023 in Riyadh (Day 4)
- Site visit to Almarai Farm.
- Recap and end of programme by the Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh and the DAFC.
- Departure from Saudi Arabia.
The total price for participation in the export delegation to Saudi Arabia is 14,400 DKK excl. flight, hotel, and VAT per company for one representative. The price for an extra representative is 3,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The Danish company is free to have its local representatives represent your company in full during the event. On the registration form you can, if relevant, therefore add the contact information of the local participating person/company. However, only Danish companies in Denmark with a Danish CVR number can register for participation, and the invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, who are all eligible for subsidy, and 50 percent subsidy (already granted) from the Trade Council of Denmark. If your company is not eligible for subsidy due to de-minimis issues (having received more than 1.5 million DKK in de-minimis subsidy within the past 3 years, including the present) you are binding yourself to pay the full price, meaning without the subsidy. The same conditions apply if you do not wish to receive subsidy.
- Identification and tailored B2B matchmaking with Saudi customers and partners, authorities, and relevant associations.
- Transportation in Saudi Arabia throughout the entire programme (excluding flights).
- Networking dinner with identified customers and stakeholders.
- Assistance in booking hotels to get corporate price.
- General assistance from the Royal Danish Embassy in Riyadh and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council.
Please register here no later than Friday 23 June 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathias Sandholt Knauf, email@example.com - +45 2336 9061.
CONTACT FURTHER INFORMATION
See more about our events here.