Sustainable Food and agriculture delegation to South Africa, 27-30 March 2023
SIGN UP to join the delegation no later than 6 January 2023
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) and the Trade Council of Denmark in Pretoria would like to invite you to participate in an export promotion and business delegation in South Africa.
The delegation will focus on biogas solutions, agricultural waste and waste to energy. The delegation is set up to expand your network and business opportunities in South Africa.
NOTE: COVID-19: If the situation requires, we will cancel the delegation. Until 28 February 2023 you will not be billed if we are forced to cancel. After this date we cannot guarantee refunds.
SOUTH AFRICA – YOUR BUSINESS AT A FRONTIER MARKET
The delegation is set up to maximize your business possibilities in South Africa.
WHY SOUTH AFRICA
- South Africa is the second biggest economy on the African continent and is often referred to as the gateway to during business in Africa.
- The country can pride itself of a well-functioning and developed infrastructure and is a major economic player in the region.
- The country relies heavily on the agricultural sector, and with a growing population, the country faces challenges in production - Problems ideally suited for Danish solutions.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish Companies engaged in:
- Solutions in biogas (equipment, robotics, and engineering in waste to energy)
- Agricultural waste (i.e., food, dairy, beverage, brewery, meat and poultry)
- Food and beverage renewable energy, bioenergy, waste solutions and technology
- Gain market knowledge and expand your network
- Being matched with top actors in South Africa’s agricultural sector, like corporate organisations, government entities and of course companies in agriculture.
- Increase exposure of Danish solutions in waste and expand business with potential customers and local partners (e.g., market entry, subsidiary, distributorship).
- Get an insight on the region’s market trends and demands in waste to energy.
- Gain a better understanding of South Africa’s economic outlook, environmental and sustainability focus in energy and agriculture.
PROGRAMME 27-30 March 2023 – all days in Cape Town area
Day 1: Monday 27 March
- Arrival Johannesburg
- Informal networking dinner at Harbour House (PM)
Day 2: Tuesday 28 March
- 3 different site visits tailor made to the participants (AM/PM)
- Dinner at Kloof Street House (PM)
Day 3: Wednesday 29 March
- All day seminar at GreenCape with key South African stakeholders within agriculture and waste (AM/PM)
- Reception hosted by Ambassador Tobias Elling Rehfeld (PM)
Day 4: Thursday 30 March
- Networking and tailored B2B meetings (AM/PM)
- Wrap-up and final closing comments (PM)
The total price for participation in the business delegation to South Africa is 12,995 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for 1 representative and 3 guests at each of the reception.
Extra representative 2,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: On the registration form you can if relevant add the contact information of the local participating person/company. Invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria’s change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on 5 participating companies and an expected 50% subsidy from the Trade Council of Denmark.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
Please register here, no later than Friday 6 January 2023.
Registration is made in accordance with DAFC’s terms of participation.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council, Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +45 2331 7450
Danish Embassy Pretoria, Jacobus Dreyer Senekal, Trade Officer, Sector Specialist, Agriculture, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +27 82 550 8547