Sustainable Pig Farming Delegation to China, Sichuan Province – Chengdu, 20-23 November 2023
The Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) and the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing invite you to participate in an export delegation to China (Sichuan Province: Chengdu) focusing on sustainable pig farming.
By 2022, there were 2,763 companies in Sichuan Province specialized in pig related business, and with a total provincial production output of 65.48 million heads ranking at the No. 1 position at national level, there are great commercial opportunities for solutions from the Danish pig farming sector. From 2019 to 2021, yearly growth rate for pig production output in Sichuan Province kept at double digits growth each year with production output at 48.53 million heads, 56.14 million heads (+16%) and 63.15 million heads (+12.5%). Several key pig producers have headquarters located in Sichuan. Key challenges for the pig production sector in Sichuan or in China in general is on how to improve production efficiency, how to lower production costs, and how to produce in a more sustainable way. Danish solutions within pig farming presented by the companies during this delegation can help tackle these challenges and tap into the commercial opportunities connected to solving these. The Danish Agriculture & Food Council and the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing are therefore planning a delegation to Sichuan to maximize and explore your business opportunities in the market and to promote Danish equipment, solutions, and knowhow in the largest pig-producing province in China.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Danish companies engaged in the pig farming value chain incl.:
- Breeding and genetics.
- Feed stuff and feed mills.
- Stable and housing equipment and ventilation.
- Agri-industrial equipment and solutions.
- Cold storage and quality control solutions.
- Processing solutions including testing equipment.
- Farm management and consultancy.
- Explore potential business opportunities in tailored B2B sessions with your targeted customers and potential future partners in the Chinese pig farming industry.
- Get insights about market trends and demand for sustainable pig farming equipment and solutions in the interesting Chinese market and how to tap into the green transition of the country.
- Gain better understanding of challenges within pig farming, prevailing regulations, and standards applicable for sustainable solutions in China at the meetings with relevant authorities.
- Increase your company’s creditability towards Chinese customers and partners by being a part of the delegation led by the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing.
- A networking reception with participation of Chinese customers and stakeholders.
PROGRAMME 20-23 November 2023
Monday, 20 November 2023 in Chengdu (Day 1)
- Arrival in Chengdu (China) and briefing by the DAFC.
Tuesday, 21 November 2023 in Chengdu (Day 2)
- Programme introduction by the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing.
- Introduction meeting on the Sichuan pig farming industry with provincial officials and industry organisation representatives.
- Tailored B2B session between the delegation and Chinese companies.
- Welcome speech by Katja Majbom Goodhew, Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing.
- Presentations by the delegates from the Danish companies.
- Presentations by and introductions to the Chinese companies.
- Separate B2B interactions between the companies.
- Networking reception incl. participation of Chinese customers, stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Welcome remarks by Katja Majbom Goodhew.
Wednesday, 22 November 2023 in Chengdu (Day 3)
- Company visit 1 to a major player in the Sichuan pig farming industry.
- Company visit 2 to a major player in the Sichuan pig farming industry.
Thursday, 23 November 2023 in Chengdu (Day 4)
- Company visit 3 to a major player in the Sichuan pig farming industry.
- Recap and end of programme by the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing and the DAFC.
Friday, 24 November 2023 in Chengdu
- Departure from China late Thursday evening or Friday.
The total price for participation in the export delegation to China (Chengdu, Sichuan) is 18,400 DKK excl. flight, hotel, and VAT per company for one representative. The price for an extra representative is 3,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The Danish company is free to have its local representatives represent your company in full during the event. On the registration form you can, if relevant, therefore add the contact information of the local participating person/company. However, only Danish companies in Denmark with a Danish CVR number can register for participation, and the invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, who are all eligible for subsidy, and 50 percent subsidy (already granted) from the Trade Council of Denmark. If your company is not eligible for subsidy due to de-minimis issues (having received more than 1.5 million DKK in de-minimis subsidy within the past 3 years, including the present) you are binding yourself to pay the full price, meaning without the subsidy. The same conditions apply if you do not wish to receive subsidy.
- Identification and tailored B2B matchmaking with Chinese customers and partners, authorities, and relevant associations.
- Transportation in China throughout the entire programme (excluding flights).
- Networking reception with identified customers and stakeholders.
- General assistance from the Royal Danish Embassy and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council.
Please register here no later than Thursday 31 August 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Mathias Sandholt Knauf, firstname.lastname@example.org - +45 2336 9061.
CONTACT FURTHER INFORMATION
|Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Mathias Sandholt Knauf, Advisor
Phone: +45 2336 9061
| Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Michael Stahlschmidt, Chief Advisor
Phone: +45 2124 1711
|Royal Danish Embassy, Beijing
Minister Counsellor for Food and Agriculture
Direct Phone: +86 10 8532 9955
Cell Phone: +86 132 6956 5787
|Royal Danish Consulate General, Guangzhou
Jane Cen, Senior Commercial Officer
Direct phone: + 86 20 2829 7320
Cell phone: + 86 13926024661
See more about our events here.