Uganda is open for your business - Business Delegation 23-26 October 2023
The Danish Embassy in Uganda and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council are pleased to invite your company to participate in this 2023 agro-business delegation to Uganda.
Uganda is one of Africa’s most stable and open countries with ambitious growth targets and an agri-business sector full of opportunities. This delegation visit will enable Danish companies to meet local key partners and potential customers, display their products and services, and gain first-hand knowledge about the Ugandan agribusiness industry and market.
Key aspects of Ugandan agribusiness:
- The agricultural sector in Uganda accounts for a significant part of the country’s GDP and export earnings. With the agricultural sector employing approximately 70% of population, the sector plays a crucial part for the country’s economy.
- Uganda is very close to its target of lower-middle-income status – partly through serious reform of the agricultural sector from subsistence farming to commercial farming. The sector is now more competitive and profitable.
- Urbanisation is high, the middle class is growing and demand for agricultural production increasing.
- All of the above offer great opportunities for Danish companies. The demand for high quality production and processing equipment, cold-chain facilities, packaging and storing facilities is high, and the need for quality control remains a challenge for Ugandan agricultural exports.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THIS MISSION?
The delegates will have an opportunity to meet and explore synergies with implementing partners of the Danish development programmes in Uganda.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
The delegation is open to participation from companies working within the agribusiness industry, e.g.:
- Food technology and food solutions
- Food processing technology
- Agricultural materials
- Agro-services, machinery, equipment
- Biomass energy & solar
- Small-scale irrigation
- Quality control and food safety
EARLY BIRD ADVANTAGES
A visit will yield the best results to your business if it is as tailor-made as possible to your company’s profile. By signing up before the end of July 2023, your company will get early bird advantages in which the Embassy will assist in tailoring the visit to your profile – with no extra costs.
Early bird advantages (deadline 31 July 2023):
- Online one-on-one meeting with the Danish Embassy and a relevant sector expert before arrival.
- Additional engagement by the Danish Embassy to identify and contact potential partners and customers to increase relevance and success.
- YOUR BENEFITS
- Get to know the Ugandan market for agriculture and agro-industry technology
- Explore possible opportunities in the Danida development programmes in Uganda as well as other Danida business instruments
- Meet the right stakeholders including decision makers, relevant association as well as importers, factories and manufacturers of the agro-industry
- Participate in tailor-made site visits and visits to partners
- Promote your company in Uganda and expand your network
- Learn about best practices in the region
The below programme is preliminary and will be finalised one month before the delegation.
Monday 23 October (Arrival)
- Arrival, airport in Entebbe
- Hotel check-in
Tuesday 24 October
- Introduction – opening at the Embassy
- Presentations by key actors in Ugandan agribusiness
- Speed dating with local businesses
- Reception at the Ambassador’s residence
Wednesday 25 October
- Exploring synergies with Danida development programme implementing partners in agriculture and private sector development.
- Targeted site visits tailored to the participants.
Thursday 26 October
- B2B meetings, including with companies identified during the speed dating.
- Targeted site visits tailored to the participants.
- Departure in the evening.
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Uganda is 13,950 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for 1 representative and 5 guests at the reception. Extra representative 2,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The Danish company is free to have its local representatives represent your company in full during the event. On the registration form you can, if relevant, therefore add the contact information of the local participating person/company. However, only Danish companies in Denmark with a Danish CVR number can register for participation, and the invoicing will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria’s change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, who are all eligible for subsidy, and 50 percent subsidy (already granted) from the Trade Council of Denmark.
If your company is not eligible for subsidy due to de-minimis issues (having received more than 1,5 mio. DKK in de-minimis subsidy within the past 3 years, including the present) you are binding yourself to pay the full price, meaning without the subsidy. The same conditions apply if you do not wish to receive subsidy.
PHYSICAL DELEGATION VISIT DURING COVID-19
Regarding COIVD-19, The Embassy of Denmark will constantly update the participants with prevailing Ugandan regulations on these matters.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
Please register here no later than 31 July 2023 for the early bird advantage and no later than 15 August 2023 for the general programme.
Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +45 2331 7450
Embassy of Denmark in Uganda
Ole Dahl Rasmussen, Counsellor, Team Leader Green Economy
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +256 (0) 772 254 020
Margaret Mukhaye Magera, Senior Programme Advisor
E-mail: email@example.com, tel: +256 752 632 727
See more about our events here.