Danish Livestock and Aquaculture Production and Processing Business Delegation to Côte d’Ivoire, 18-22 March 2024
The Embassy of Denmark in Accra and the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC) cordially invite you to participate in an exclusive export promotion delegation to Côte d’Ivoire focusing on the thriving livestock (Cattle, Poultry and Pork), aquaculture (marine, on land) production and processing value chains.
The delegation is set up to create visibility to Danish companies already present or interested in exploring the Ivorian market within the livestock and aquaculture value and supply chains including food processing.
WHY COTE D’IVOIRE?
Côte d’Ivoire boasts one of the world's fastest-growing economies, with a 7% GDP growth rate and 5% inflation in 2023. As the leading and fastest-growing economy in Francophone West Africa, it contributes 40% of the GDP and exports of the West Africa Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU). With its massive population of around 30 million and a booming middle class, Côte d’Ivoire offers boundless opportunities for growth and collaboration.
OPPORTUNITIES IN COTE D’IVOIRE
Côte d’Ivoire presents significant untapped potential in the livestock and aquaculture sectors:
- Growing demand for poultry products, with an expected increase in chicken consumption from 2.65 kg to 6 kg per person by 2030.
- Rising egg consumption, with an expected increase from 52 eggs to 86 eggs per person, by 2025.
- The government's ambitious plans to increase poultry production and exports, making it a key sector for investment and collaboration
- Exports of excess production is a key driver for the Cote d’Ivoire economy as it plans to export the excess produce generated to neighbouring countries and WAEMU market.
Cattle and pork
- High demand for pork and a huge gap in production, presenting an opportunity for increased self-sufficiency.
- Demand for technology imports related to disease prevention, feed quality, and meat processing.
- Potential for multinational companies with manufacturing plants to explore milk production and processing opportunities.
- Côte d’Ivoire aims to increase fish production to 500,000 tons by 2030, presenting vast opportunities in the aquaculture sector.
- Growing demand for tilapia and other fish species, calling for sustainable solutions and improved equipment and feeds.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
We invite companies engaged in the entire livestock production and aquaculture value chains, including:
- Breeding and genetics
- Feed and feed additives
- Ingredients for processed foods
- Farm equipment and biosecurity
- Food processing and laboratory technology and equipment
- Cold storage and transportation
- Fish farming technologies and technical know how
- Milk production and processing
By joining this delegation, you will:
- Gain valuable insights into the strategic developments in agriculture and the livestock value chain markets in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Establish networks with major players, relevant associations, and key decision-makers in the sector.
- Promote your company in Côte d’Ivoire and expand your network with importers and end-users of your products/solutions.
- Participate in organized company visits to experience local production and value addition.
The below program is preliminary and will be finalised approximately one month before the delegation and will be based on inputs from participating companies. Preparatory meetings will be planned. The Ambassador of Denmark in Ghana with oversight on Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Togo His Excellency Tom Nørring will participate in the delegation:
Monday 18 March 2024
Tuesday 19 March 2024
- Breakfast, welcome & programme briefing
- Livestock farm visit & visit to selected group of companies/ key players within the poultry processing value chain in Côte d’Ivoire
Wednesday 20 March 2024
- Seminar with the public sector and relevant regulators on Agriculture and Agribusiness strategies and insights, business opportunities and networking
- Seminar with relevant private sector leaders - inter-professions and associations to understand their need and match them to your solutions and discuss business collaborations
- Visit to one of the major manufacturers within processed food consumer goods
- Networking dinner with the Ambassador, the Consul, government officials and key local businesses.
Thursday 21 March 2024
Business forum, Exhibitions & B2B day:
- Plenary with company presentations of business opportunities and projects within the livestock and aquaculture value and supply chains
- Business matching session
- Exhibitions to promote your solutions, goods and services throughout the period.
Friday 22 March 2024
- Organised site visits to relevant organisations
- Business matching session
Saturday 23 March 2024
- Departure from Abidjan to delegates chosen destinations
The total price for participation in the business delegation to Côte d’Ivoire is 16,200 DKK excl. flight, hotel and VAT per company for one representative and five guests at the reception. Extra representative 2,000 DKK per person.
NOTE: The Danish company is free to have its local representatives represent your company in full during the event. On the registration form you can, if relevant, therefore add the contact information of the local participating person/company. However, only Danish companies in Denmark with a Danish CVR number can register for participation, and the invoice will always be issued in DKK to the Danish company address.
We reserve the right to offer you participation at a different price should any of the above criteria change. Should this result in a higher price than quoted, you have the right to cancel your participation. Other expenses not mentioned above are at own expense including visa, flights, dine & drink, and hotel.
NOTE: The price is based on 7 participating companies, who are all eligible for subsidy, and 50 percent subsidy (already granted) from the Trade Council of Denmark. If your company is not eligible for subsidy due to de-minimis issues (having received more than 1.5 million DKK in de-minimis subsidy within the past 3 years, including the present) you are binding yourself to pay the full price, meaning without the subsidy. The same conditions apply if you do not wish to receive subsidy.
HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Flights and hotel are not included in the price. Upon registration, you will receive a travel suggestion.
To secure your spot in the delegation, please register here before 1 December 2023.
|Danish Agriculture & Food Council
Jeppe Søndergaard Pedersen, Chief Advisor
E-mail: email@example.com, tel. +45 2331 7450.
|Embassy of Denmark, Accra
Ghana, Garcia Armelle Chèdoï Honvoh,
Senior Commercial Advisor
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +233 (0) 556 637 254
Please be aware photography and video recording will take place during the event. The organizers may use these on various media channels. Please let us know if you do not want to be included.
See more about our events here.